Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Thu August 26, 2010
News Roundup: August 26th
Michigan's New Home Sales Better Than Nation's
Michigan's new home sales fared better than the nation's last month. Bernie Markstein, an economist with the National Association of Home Builders, says the recovery in the auto industry is helping to stabalize the state's economy. However, just this morning, NPR's Yuki Noguchi reported on a couple in Lansing who haven't been able to find a buyer for their home that's been on the market for the past year.
Snyder Introduces Calley as Running Mate
Rick Snyder, the Republican nominee for Governor, announced his pick for a running mate, 33 year old State Rep. Brian Calley, yesterday at a rally in Grand Rapids. Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry takes a look back at the state's past Lieutenant Governors and their influence.
Clean Up in the Kalamazoo River Continues