Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Mon March 28, 2011
Not fast enough: Drunk driver rams next car in Burger King drive-through line
When is fast food not fast enough?
Well, last night in Detroit, one unlucky drive-thru-er found out.
From the Free Press:
A drunk driver got so impatient in the all-night drive-through line at Burger King that she intentionally bashed into the car waiting for food in front of her, police said.
When police caught up with the 49-year-old woman from Sterling Heights, she told officers, “I’m sorry about what happened” and said the other cars were going too slow so “she pushed them,” Lt. Robert Redmond said.
Before fleeing the Burger King — the woman never did get her Whopper and fries — she exchanged unpleasantries with the driver ahead and “started screaming from her car” before ramming the car, Redmond said.
The other driver called police at 2:20 a.m. Saturday, about when the basher turned tail and fled, he said. Neither vehicle was seriously damaged.
“It’s not like the other car could go anywhere. They were waiting in the same line,” Redmond said today.
The driver’s name won't be released until sobriety test results become available and she is charged.
-Brian Short, Michigan Radio Newsroom