Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Thu September 8, 2011
The politics behind the pension tax
The Michigan Supreme Court will decide whether a new pension tax law is legal. The revenue from that tax is, “an essential part of keeping Michigan’s budget balanced," according to Governor Snyder. Every week we explore what's happening in state politics. Today we talk with Ken Sikkema, former Senate Majority Leader and senior policy fellow at Public Sector Consultants and Susan Demas, political analyst for Michigan Information and Research Service.