Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Fri August 27, 2010
Poll: Bernero has some catching up to do
Democratic gubernatorial candidate Virg Bernero is way behind according to a poll by EPIC-MRA. Of the 600 people polled, 51% said they'd back Republican Rick Snyder, and just 29% said they'd support Bernero. 20% of the respondents were undecided, so if Bernero can convince the undecided voters, he could make up the gap.
But it appears he'll have to convince voters that he'll do things diffently than current Governor Jennifer Granholm. 63% have an "unfavorable opinion" of Granholm (32% had a "favorable opinion" of the Governor). The poll also shows that 71% think the state is on the "wrong track."
The poll's margin of sampling error is +/- 4 percentage points. The EPIC-MRA poll was done for the Detroit Free Press, and TV stations WXYZ, WJRT, WOOD, and WILX.