Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Fri January 28, 2011
'Pure Michigan' funding bill introduced in state House
Republican state Representative Wayne Schmidt of Traverse City introduced a bill yesterday in the state House that would transfer $20 million into the state's 'Pure Michigan' tourism ad campaign. That would be an increase from the $10 million that's currently planned.
The Associated Press reports:
Supporters of the Pure Michigan campaign say the latest proposed increase would boost funding for the program to $25 million as requested by Gov. Rick Snyder.
The Pure Michigan campaign has received positive reviews from lawmakers but they haven't agreed on a steady, permanent funding source for the program.