Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Fri January 28, 2011
'Pure Michigan' funding bill introduced in state House
Republican state Representative Wayne Schmidt of Traverse City introduced a bill yesterday in the state House that would transfer $20 million into the state's 'Pure Michigan' tourism ad campaign. That would be an increase from the $10 million that's currently planned.
The Associated Press reports:
Supporters of the Pure Michigan campaign say the latest proposed increase would boost funding for the program to $25 million as requested by Gov. Rick Snyder.
The Pure Michigan campaign has received positive reviews from lawmakers but they haven't agreed on a steady, permanent funding source for the program.