Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Mon October 22, 2012
Seeking change in the foster care system
This week on Seeking Change, Christina Shockley talks with Angelique Day about the foster care system.
Day grew up in foster care. She now focuses her work on researching and helping children in foster care in the state.
Day teaches Social Work at Wayne State University. She also works with Vista Maria, a non-profit treatment agency in Dearborn Heights for neglected and abused children. The organization offers a range of services for foster kids. It has a residential school for girls, and it serves as a support network for young adults as they age out of the foster care system.
Politics & Government