Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Those who want to outlaw publications over sexually explicit ads should study Constitution first
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Wed August 17, 2011
Sleeping Bear Dunes voted "most beautiful place in America"
This morning, ABC's Good Morning America revealed the winner of their "Most Beautiful Place in America" contest.
For reasons we all know, Sleeping Bear Dunes won.
You can see the video on ABC's website.
Here are the places Sleeping Bear Dunes finished ahead of:
- Newport, R.I.
- Cape Cod, Mass.
- Point Reyes, Calif.
- Aspen, Colo.
- Sedona, Ariz
- Destin, Fla.
- Asheville, N.C.
- Lanikai Beach, Hawaii
- and Grand Teton National Park, Wyo
ABC says Jim Madole of Grand Rapids nominated Sleeping Bear Dunes saying:
"It is peaceful and serene, a place for gazing out into the world, night or day, and realizing that the universe is truly a magical, majestic mystery, and humans are just a very small part of it all," he wrote in his submission. "Here at Sleeping Bear, I sit in awe and wonder at the perfection of Mother Nature."