Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Thu December 2, 2010
Snyder announces director of state's D.C. office
Governor-elect Rick Snyder has chosen Bill McBride to be director of the State of Michigan Washington, D.C. office. McBride was a deputy chief of staff for former-Governor of Michigan John Engler. McBride currently is chief of staff to Michigan Republican Congressman Vern Ehlers of Grand Rapids.
In a statement released yesterday, Snyder said:
Michigan’s Congressional delegation will have significant influence in the upcoming Congress since our U.S. Senators and Representatives will chair key committees. Bill McBride’s experience and impressive working relationships on both sides of the aisle make him an outstanding choice to head up our Washington D.C. office.
Snyder takes the oath of office on January 1st, 2011.