Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Wed November 3, 2010
Snyder, Granholm meet to talk transition
Governor-elect Rick Snyder met this morning with the woman he'll replace in Lansing.
Snyder and Governor Jennifer Granholm shook hands and posed for pictures in front of reporters before the meeting.
"A lot of hard work in the next couple of months," Granholm said, "but I appreciate the commitment to working together that you've continually professed. I think that's going to be healthy for Michigan. Our team stands ready to do whatever it takes to make sure this is a smooth transition."
Snyder called Granholm "gracious" for agreeing to meet with him before she leaves for South Korea. The trip is expected to be Granholm's final trade mission overseas before she leaves office.
Contact Sarah Hulett at firstname.lastname@example.org © Copyright 2010, Michigan Radio