Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Wed November 3, 2010
Snyder, Granholm meet to talk transition
Governor-elect Rick Snyder met this morning with the woman he'll replace in Lansing.
Snyder and Governor Jennifer Granholm shook hands and posed for pictures in front of reporters before the meeting.
"A lot of hard work in the next couple of months," Granholm said, "but I appreciate the commitment to working together that you've continually professed. I think that's going to be healthy for Michigan. Our team stands ready to do whatever it takes to make sure this is a smooth transition."
Snyder called Granholm "gracious" for agreeing to meet with him before she leaves for South Korea. The trip is expected to be Granholm's final trade mission overseas before she leaves office.
Contact Sarah Hulett at email@example.com © Copyright 2010, Michigan Radio