Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Tribal sovereignty at issue in US Supreme Court case out of Michigan
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
Tue December 7, 2010
Snyder's inaugural to be a low-key affair
Geralyn Lasher will be Snyder's Communications Director. She told The Detroit Free Press that the Snyder inauguration will not be lavish:
We want people to have the opportunity to participate in a celebration. But there's going to be work to do the day before and the day after ... and the day after that.
Last month The Associated Press reported that Snyder will take the oath of office outdoors and give his inaugural speech on the Capitol steps.
Governor-elect Rick Snyder