Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
Nurses vote yes on contract
Wed December 1, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses approve new contract
Nurses at Lansing's Sparrow Hospital overwhelmingly approved a new contract with the hospital.
The contract approved Tuesday came after a sometimes contentious negotiations between the two sides.
"There was a very diverse opinion about the details of the contract about what was good and what was bad," says Robert Kolt, a spokesman for the nurses union, "They had to agree...that patient safety was a top priority."
The contract contains a modest wage increase for the nurses and other support staff.
Sparrow Hospital Contract