Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Sparrow Hospital Contract
Mon November 29, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses start voting today on a new contract
Sparrow Hospital nurses are supposed to start voting today on a new contract.
Last minute negotiations headed off a threatened lockout at Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital ten days ago.
Hospital administrators threatened to lockout Sparrow’s 21 hundred nurses and support staff if they didn’t agree to the hospital’s final offer.
Earlier, the nurses union authorized a strike and walked away from contract talks.
In the end, the two sides hammered out a tentative deal that included a modest wage hike and increase nurse staffing levels.
The voting is expected to be concluded Tuesday.