Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
Sparrow Hospital Contract
Mon November 29, 2010
Sparrow Hospital nurses start voting today on a new contract
Sparrow Hospital nurses are supposed to start voting today on a new contract.
Last minute negotiations headed off a threatened lockout at Lansing’s Sparrow Hospital ten days ago.
Hospital administrators threatened to lockout Sparrow’s 21 hundred nurses and support staff if they didn’t agree to the hospital’s final offer.
Earlier, the nurses union authorized a strike and walked away from contract talks.
In the end, the two sides hammered out a tentative deal that included a modest wage hike and increase nurse staffing levels.
The voting is expected to be concluded Tuesday.