OpinionMore 'dark money' will influence politics in Michigan if Snyder doesn't veto
The Environment ReportGo lake trout! Native fish overcome seemingly ‘insurmountable’ challenges in Lake Huron
Politics & GovernmentIn his farewell speech Bing says, 'I will remain involved in Detroit's transformation'
Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
Arts & Culture
Thu January 3, 2013
Stateside: Choreographer Adesola Akinleye on vogue dancing in the LGBTQ community
Among the many voices at the Ruth Ellis Center is Adesola Akinleye, a professional dancer and choreographer. She contacted the center to be of service to the LGBTQ young adults who come there.
She teaches them ballet.
But the youth have also been teaching her about the world of vogue dancing.
Listen to Michigan Radio’s Kyle Norris audio postcard above.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"