Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Arts & Culture
Mon November 26, 2012
Stateside: Dana Falconberry's "Leelanau" soundscapes
Listening to Dana Falconberry's lush music, it becomes clear the artist draws inspiration from Michigan's western coast.
We spoke today with Falconberry about her latest record, "Leelanau," and the role that Michigan's landscapes play in her music.
"It's so beautiful up there, it's easy to be inspired by the land," said Falconberry.
With track titles like "Pictured Rocks" and "Sault Ste Marie," Falconberry's latest is in many ways a musical homage to a state beaming with beauty.
Listen to Falconberry's interview and music in our podcast.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"