Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Arts & Culture
Mon November 26, 2012
Stateside: Dana Falconberry's "Leelanau" soundscapes
Listening to Dana Falconberry's lush music, it becomes clear the artist draws inspiration from Michigan's western coast.
We spoke today with Falconberry about her latest record, "Leelanau," and the role that Michigan's landscapes play in her music.
"It's so beautiful up there, it's easy to be inspired by the land," said Falconberry.
With track titles like "Pictured Rocks" and "Sault Ste Marie," Falconberry's latest is in many ways a musical homage to a state beaming with beauty.
Listen to Falconberry's interview and music in our podcast.
There are two ways you can podcast "Stateside with Cynthia Canty"