Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Study finds that an oil spill under Mackinac Straits would be “deathblow” to Northern Michigan
Wed February 27, 2013
Stateside: Snyder appoints new justice to state Supreme Court
Governor Snyder has appointed a new Justice to the state Supreme Court.
The appointment comes after former Justice Diane Hathaway resigned last month after being indicted for bank fraud.
For many Court watchers, Chief Judge of the Macomb County Circuit David Viviano is a surprise pick.
Rick Pluta, Lansing Bureau Chief for the Michigan Public Radio Network was at the announcement. He spoke with us to tell us more about Judge Viviano.
To hear the full story click the audio link above.