Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Environment & Science
Thu February 7, 2013
Stateside: Solving the data needs of non-profit groups
The following is a summary of a previously recorded interview. To hear the complete segment, click the audio above.
When it comes to data and knowing just what to do with it, it seems there are two camps in this world.
Those who can plunge into mining, parsing, analyzing and figuring out how to really use data, and those who are fairly clueless when it comes to crunching data.
Luckily for some non-profit groups in the Ann Arbor/ Detroit area, those types aren’t just smart, they are nice, and willing to help.
Thanks to some hard-working grad students at the U-M School of Information. The A2 Data Dive is coming up this weekend on the Central Campus of the University of Michigan.
Co-founders, Claire Barco and Nikki Roda tell us more about the A2 Data Dive.
Arts & Culture