Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Politics & Culture
Thu June 27, 2013
Stateside for Thursday, June 27th, 2013
We wrapped up our week-long look at energy in Michigan with a focus on wind. Is it really a viable energy source for our state?
And, we headed to Flint to find out how some residents are helping to shape their community through all different types of art.
Also, if you love the sound of pipe organs, head over to the Great Lakes Swell Organs festival happening in Kalamazoo and Battle Creek this weekend. We spoke with program director Brooks Grantier.
First on the show, economic development leaders in Michigan like to talk about the number of manufacturing jobs created in the state in the last couple of years. But Michigan is not keeping up with the job growth of some other states as the nation recovers from the Great Recession.
It's Thursday, which means we talk to Daniel Howes, a business columnist with the Detroit News.
Howes joined us today to discuss Michigan’s anemic job growth.