Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Sun September 2, 2012
`Technonomy' to bring tech leaders to Wayne State
DETROIT (AP) - A media company that hosts conferences on the relationship between technology, economy and social progress is setting its sights on Detroit.
Technonomy Detroit plans to bring together local and national tech leaders September 12th at Wayne State University. The list includes Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey and Steve Case, chief executive of investment firm Revolution LLC and co-founder of America Online.
Topics for discussion include the future of manufacturing and its impact on jobs, and "Is Detroit the Next Berlin?"
Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick also will interview Dorsey and Detroit businessman and investor Dan Gilbert. Kirkpatrick chronicled the Facebook's early history in "The Facebook Effect."