Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Sun September 2, 2012
`Technonomy' to bring tech leaders to Wayne State
DETROIT (AP) - A media company that hosts conferences on the relationship between technology, economy and social progress is setting its sights on Detroit.
Technonomy Detroit plans to bring together local and national tech leaders September 12th at Wayne State University. The list includes Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey and Steve Case, chief executive of investment firm Revolution LLC and co-founder of America Online.
Topics for discussion include the future of manufacturing and its impact on jobs, and "Is Detroit the Next Berlin?"
Techonomy founder David Kirkpatrick also will interview Dorsey and Detroit businessman and investor Dan Gilbert. Kirkpatrick chronicled the Facebook's early history in "The Facebook Effect."