Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Thu June 14, 2012
Is third time the charm? Another Richardville recall petition approved
A recall petition against Michigan Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville (R-Monroe) got the stamp of approval from Monroe County election officials.
The Associated Press reports County Clerk Sharon Lemasters says the vote at the petition clarity hearing was 2-1.
Organizers first started their recall effort against Richardville last year. That petition language was approved, but the signature gathering effort stalled.
This past May, a second petition against Richardville was rejected for vague and unclear language.
Now, organizers hope the third time is the charm. They're targeting Richardville, in part for his support of a new Michigan-Ontario bridge, according to the AP.
Richardville spokesman Matt Marsden says the approved language is "remarkably similar to the last two rejected recalls" and that the senator will review it with his lawyer.