Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
Tue September 7, 2010
In Today's Headlines...
Back to Court Over Carp
Michigan and four other states head back to federal court today in hopes of keeping Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes. They'll try to make their case to close Illinois River access to Lake Michigan in order to keep the fish out. A decision is not expected this week.
Labor Group Endorses Snyder
GOP nominee for Governor Rick Snyder received the endorsement of the state's largest construction trade union, the Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights', yesterday. The union said Snyder is the best candidate to, "fix Michigan." Interestingly enough, the vast majority of organized labor has been strongly backing Snyder's opponent, Democrat Virg Bernero.
Back to School
Is it just us, or did summer go by really fast this year? It's already that time: Back to School. Over at Freep.com you can share your child's back-to-school photos and first-day-of-school memories. And, on Michigan Radio's facebook page , we're talking about your first-day-back-to-school traditions. You know: a special breakfast, lucky socks, etc. If you've got a tradition - we want to hear about it!