Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Bill to pull the plug on telephone landlines clears Michigan Legislature
- How one Michigan church is changing its views on gay marriage
- Records may fall with the snow this week in Michigan
- This supplemental bill gravely endangers infant health and Michigan's future
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Tue September 7, 2010
In Today's Headlines...
Back to Court Over Carp
Michigan and four other states head back to federal court today in hopes of keeping Asian Carp out of the Great Lakes. They'll try to make their case to close Illinois River access to Lake Michigan in order to keep the fish out. A decision is not expected this week.
Labor Group Endorses Snyder
GOP nominee for Governor Rick Snyder received the endorsement of the state's largest construction trade union, the Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters and Millwrights', yesterday. The union said Snyder is the best candidate to, "fix Michigan." Interestingly enough, the vast majority of organized labor has been strongly backing Snyder's opponent, Democrat Virg Bernero.
Back to School
Is it just us, or did summer go by really fast this year? It's already that time: Back to School. Over at Freep.com you can share your child's back-to-school photos and first-day-of-school memories. And, on Michigan Radio's facebook page , we're talking about your first-day-back-to-school traditions. You know: a special breakfast, lucky socks, etc. If you've got a tradition - we want to hear about it!