Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Mon May 6, 2013
Twitter CEO Dick Costolo at Michigan commencement #GoBlue
This is what nearly 6,000 University of Michigan graduates look like (courtesy of commencement speaker Dick Costolo's Twitter):
— dick costolo (@dickc) May 4, 2013
Costolo made a point to live tweet the photo before he began his address to the class of 2013.
A 1985 graduate of Michigan, Costolo talked about his post-college path. One of the many notable moments of the speech included his attempt at stand-up comedy. With a degree in Computer Science, Costolo moved to Chicago where he took comedy classes at Second City with Steve Carell.
Watch the full speech here:
-- Lucy Perkins, Michigan Radio Newsroom
Arts & Culture