Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Budget deficit forcing school officials to close Albion High School
- The top 10 high schools in Michigan (according to two magazines)
- You have to see this stunning video of Michigan's Northern Lights
- Are people in Ironwood really afraid of wolves? (part 2)
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
Mon January 14, 2013
UM president to travel to India in November
University of Michigan President Mary Sue Coleman says she will travel to India in November.
Coleman is scheduled to spend a week in New Delhi and Mumbai working to boost the university’s global brand and improve relations with alumni.
Mark Tessler, U of M’s vice provost for international affairs, says the school wants to do more research and have more study abroad opportunities in India.
"It's a very important part of our mission to offer international experience, exposure and opportunities to our faculty and students and to connect and be good citizens to our counterparts in other countries," Tessler says.
This will be Coleman’s fifth trip abroad during her decade at the helm of U of M. She's previously traveled to China, Ghana, South Africa and, most recently, Brazil.
-- Joseph Lichterman, Michigan Radio Newsroom