Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Mon September 17, 2012
A violent weekend in Flint, Michigan, homicides hit 50
The Flint Journal reports this morning about three killings over the weekend, bring the total number of homicides to 50:
Three homicides in as many days has brought the city's total to 50 slayings for the year.
The latest was a shooting and hit and run that left one man dead...
The city didn't record its 50th homicide last year until late October.
In 2010, the city set a record for the number of homicides at 66. That's in a city with a shrinking population.