Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
- Protests Monday night against migrant children coming to Michigan
- This Michigan-bred musician did zero out of 29 celebrity impressions. I was punked.
- Terri Lynn Land was a good secretary of state, but she isn't up to date on issues
Mon September 17, 2012
A violent weekend in Flint, Michigan, homicides hit 50
The Flint Journal reports this morning about three killings over the weekend, bring the total number of homicides to 50:
Three homicides in as many days has brought the city's total to 50 slayings for the year.
The latest was a shooting and hit and run that left one man dead...
The city didn't record its 50th homicide last year until late October.
In 2010, the city set a record for the number of homicides at 66. That's in a city with a shrinking population.