Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
Politics & Government
Wed January 30, 2013
The week in Michigan politics
In this week in Michigan politics, Emily Fox speaks with Michigan Radio's Political Analyst Jack Lessenberry about Detroit City Council tabling discussion of the possible state lease of Detroit's Belle Isle Park.
The proposal would have let the State Department of Natural Resources manage the land as a State Park for 30 years. Now it looks like state will take the offer off the table if Detroit City Council doesn't act fast.
Jack weighs in on why the City Council is not coming to agreement on this issue.
Jack also discusses what the future holds for former Michigan Supreme Court Justice Diane Hathaway.
Hathaway pleaded guilty to bank fraud yesterday. She could face a sentence of up to 18 months. Hathaway concealed income and temporarily transferred assets out of her name in order to get favorable terms for a short sale of her house she owned.