Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Wed June 22, 2011
What's the coolest thing about Detroit? Here's what you said
We're back with more from our survey about Detroit's image. Many people think the city is and always was a great place, with a bad reputation. But others think the problems and challenges the city faces are just too big. Before we get to responses about Detroit's drawbacks, here's what people say is the coolest thing about Detroit.
Cars, and the pride of a town built on the automobile industry. If you are a car person, it is definitely a pilgrimage of sorts. - Robbert Liddell, Detroit
Detroit is a place that allows people to express themselves creatively without government red-tape. –Joshua Slominski, Farmington Hills
Redemption. - George Boyter London, England
The areas surrounding the sports arenas. –Cheryl Vee, Fraser, MI
The mash-up of cultures, histories and people. –Matthew McPhail, Wichita, KS
The people. They are humble, hardworking, and caring. –Joel Arnold, Flint, MI
The people, the history, the potential. –Ben Keyes, Detroit, MI
The coolest things about Detroit are its complexity of architecture, its citizens' deep pride for their city, and its music scene. And the best part, from my perspective, is how automobile culture runs through the city's veins. –Jeffrey Jablansky, New Rochelle, NY
Would you like to share your thoughts? Take our survey.
Then check back for more from our readers.