Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Awkward: UAW official praises Democratic candidate for governor while the GOP incumbent listens
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- Michigan Republican party fails to address Dave Agema's bigotry and hatred
- In this morning's news...
Thu September 9, 2010
What's in the news...
Welfare Numbers Creep Up
Welfare cases in Michigan are on the rise. The state has almost 2 million people receiving some form of public assistance. And, that number is expected to rise as more people lose their extended unemployment benefits.
There's a New Czar In Town
President Obama has appointed an "Asian Carp Czar." John Goss, a former Indiana environmental chief, will coordinate the federal government's response to the threat of Asian Carp in the Great Lakes. Governor Granholm says she plans to be in touch with Goss soon.
Drug Testing On the Road
Legislation introduced in the state House yesterday would allow Michigan police to use portable drug testing kits when they pull over a driver they suspect is under the influence of substances other than alcohol. The roadside drug testing would be the first of its kind in the nation.