Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This mom didn't know why her family was sick until she checked their water
- This Michigan-bred musician nails 29 celebrity impressions in one song
- Here's how to test and treat your drinking water well for arsenic
- The polarizing reactions to the 'Hobby Lobby' case are more frightening than the Cold War
- Charter school supporters’ response to investigations is "Soviet" in style
Wed June 26, 2013
Who is shopping at the new Whole Foods in Detroit?
There’s been a lot of buzz about the grocery chain Whole Foods opening a store in Midtown Detroit, maybe too much buzz.
The idea of Whole Foods, the store nicknamed by some as “Whole Paycheck,” being the first store in a city hit hard by poverty seems at best incongruent.
Kami Pothukuchi, associate professor of urban planning at Wayne State University, and Micki Maynard, contributor to Forbes.com and former Detroit reporter for the New York Times, joined us in the studio.
Listen to the full interview above.