Many Detroit neighborhoods need help. A lot of blocks are little more than a couple of occupied homes, a few abandoned houses, some burned out structures, and overgrown vacant lots. Between 1970 and 2010 Detroit lost more than 228 thousand occupied housing units according to a recent report by the Urban Institute.
News Headlines from NPR
- India's Cities Have A Honking Big Noise Problem
- White Supremacist Charged With Terrorism Over Murder Of Black Man
- Late Anti-Apartheid Leader Ahmed Kathrada: 'Don't Harbor Hatred And Revenge'
- Device Mimicking Female Reproductive Cycle Could Aid Research
- Footy McFooty Face Is Stomping Competition In Vote For MLS Team Name