Updated at 10:35 a.m. ET The federal government may be in a partial shutdown, but the gears of a political blame game kept rolling Saturday morning. President Trump was tweeting at dawn, blaming Democrats for the lapse in government funding as the Senate failed to advance a four-week extension overnight. Trump accused Democrats of choosing "unchecked illegal immigration" over the military, and Democrats say he has not kept his word to find a deal to protect immigrants who came to the country...
Today is the fourth day of a sentencing hearing for Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University sports doctor charged with sexually assaulting young girls and women under the guise of medical treatment.
News Headlines from NPR
- Animal Trafficking 'Kingpin' Arrested in Thailand
- With A Show Of Hands, Filipino-American Chefs Rekindle Kamayan Feasts
- Crime Is Down In American Cities, And 'Uneasy Peace' Explains Why
- As A Massive Garbage Dump Closes In Brazil, Trash-Pickers Face An Uncertain Future
- How America Has Changed During Trump's First Year In Office, By The Numbers