Nearly every school district in the nation uses the same type of salary schedule to pay its teachers -- a schedule with "steps" and "lanes" that pays based on years in the classroom, and you automatically get paid more if you have a master's degree or higher.
News Headlines from NPR
- In Russia's Shadow, US Military Bulks Up European Presence
- In Tacoma, Washington, Volunteers Offer Aid Outside Immigration Detention Center
- Reaction To Trump's Plan To Ban Transgender People From The Military
- The Presidential Pardon Power: What Are Its Limits?
- June Foray, Voice Of Rocky From 'The Bullwinkle Show,' Dies At 99