Nearly every school district in the nation uses the same type of salary schedule to pay its teachers -- a schedule with "steps" and "lanes" that pays based on years in the classroom, and you automatically get paid more if you have a master's degree or higher.
News Headlines from NPR
- Senate Careens Toward High-Drama Midnight Health Care Vote
- Officer Fatally Shot While Trying To Help People In A Crashed Car Near Indianapolis
- Texas Inmate Executed; Supreme Court Rejected Bid For Delay
- Russia Sanctions Headed To Trump's Desk. Will He Sign?
- Michiko Kakutani, Chief 'Times' Book Critic, Steps Down After Nearly 4 Decades