Updated at 9:45 p.m. ET The federal government is in the midst of a partial shutdown, and it appears it will be that way for some time. President Trump and members of Congress publicly say they want to reopen the federal government, but, in the first day of a shutdown, Republicans and Democrats on both sides of Pennsylvania Avenue showed no signs of ending their stalemate. In a midafternoon press conference Saturday, White House Legislative Affairs Director Marc Short reiterated the position...
Today is the fourth day of a sentencing hearing for Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University sports doctor charged with sexually assaulting young girls and women under the guise of medical treatment.
News Headlines from NPR
- Who Will Carry The Blame For The Shutdown? Maybe No One
- Trump Hints At 'Nuclear Option' As Partial Shutdown Enters Second Day
- The Russia Investigations: Is 'Infiltration' The New 'Collusion?'
- One Year In, Trump Has Kept A Major Promise: Reshaping The Federal Judiciary
- 'The Crown' Says One Dance Changed History. The Truth Isn't So Simple