Updated at 4:26 p.m. ET The federal government is in the midst of a partial shutdown, and it appears it will be that way for some time. President Trump and members of Congress publicly say they want to reopen the federal government, but, in the first day of a shutdown, Republicans and Democrats on both sides of Pennsylvania Avenue show no signs of ending their stalemate. In a midafternoon press conference Saturday, White House Legislative Affairs Director Marc Short reiterated the position of...
Today is the fourth day of a sentencing hearing for Larry Nassar, the former Michigan State University sports doctor charged with sexually assaulting young girls and women under the guise of medical treatment.
News Headlines from NPR
- Still 'Pretty Damn Mad' Protesters Unite In Second Annual Women's March
- Paul Bocuse, 'Giant' Of French Cuisine, Dies At 91
- Animal Trafficking 'Kingpin' Arrested in Thailand
- With A Show Of Hands, Filipino-American Chefs Rekindle Kamayan Feasts
- Crime Is Down In American Cities, And 'Uneasy Peace' Explains Why