Nearly every school district in the nation uses the same type of salary schedule to pay its teachers -- a schedule with "steps" and "lanes" that pays based on years in the classroom, and you automatically get paid more if you have a master's degree or higher.
News Headlines from NPR
- The Ongoing Battle Between Science Teachers And Fake News
- Detroit 1967: There's Still A Debate Over What To Call It
- For Decades These Caregivers Helped Patients, Families Through Illness And Death
- McCain Votes No, Dealing Potential Death Blow To Republican Health Care Efforts
- Officer Fatally Shot While Trying To Help People In A Crashed Car Near Indianapolis