The clock is ticking down to when the U.S. Congress is scheduled to leave for its holiday break. But a lot could happen within this next week, especially with Congress poised to deal with several major issues, including the Republicans’ tax overhaul and funding for the Children’s Health Insurance Program. Michigan Senator Debbie Stabenow sat down with Stateside to discuss those issues and more.
News Headlines from NPR
- Nephews Of Venezuelan First Lady Sentenced In U.S. Drug Smuggling Case
- After Maria, Puerto Rico Struggles Under The Weight Of Its Own Garbage
- Firefighter Dies in California Wildfire, Now The 4th Largest In The State's History
- Poll: Americans Overwhelmingly Support 'Zero Tolerance' On Sexual Harassment
- What Are The Two Health Bills Sen. Susan Collins Wants Congress To Act On?