The President of the United States says coal is coming back, but in reality coal is going away. The fight is over what will replace it. Even utilities are dumping coal. In Michigan, DTE Energy wants to shut down three coal-burning power plants and replace them with a billion dollar natural gas plant. But environmentalists think there's a better way.
News Headlines from NPR
- Why Gina Haspel Would Be Unlike Any CIA Director Before Her
- Les Payne, Pulitzer Prize-Winner And NABJ Founder, Dies At 76
- How The Trump Organization Mixes Business And Politics In India
- One Month After Abduction, Boko Haram Brings Home More Than 100 Dapchi Girls
- Former South Korean President Lee Myung-Bak Is Arrested On Graft Charges