Michigan legislators in the House and Senate are trying to de-fund Planned Parenthood. Identical bills introduced last week, one in the House and another in the Senate , would prohibit the state from contracting with any healthcare service providers that perform abortions. The bills would also prohibit the allocation of any state or federal funds to such agencies.
News Headlines from NPR
- Pence Reaffirms Commitment To NATO, But Says Europe Must Commit More
- Defense Secretary James Mattis: 'We're Not In Iraq To Seize Anybody's Oil'
- New Research Shows How 'Atmospheric Rivers' Wreak Havoc Around The Globe
- The Burning Problem Of China's Garbage
- The 'Haze Craze': Beer Lovers' Newfound Obsession With Murky IPAs