Michigan legislators in the House and Senate are trying to de-fund Planned Parenthood. Identical bills introduced last week, one in the House and another in the Senate , would prohibit the state from contracting with any healthcare service providers that perform abortions. The bills would also prohibit the allocation of any state or federal funds to such agencies.
News Headlines from NPR
- Israeli Soldier Who Killed A Wounded Palestinian Is Sentenced To 18 Months
- Toy Fair Shows Off What's New As Toys 'R' Us Cuts 250 Corporate Jobs
- Health Insurance Woes Add To The Risky Business Of Farming
- As They Dig Deeper Into Parenting, Fathers Seek Community, Support
- Supreme Court To Decide If Mexican Nationals May Sue For Border Shooting