At one point, it appeared the leaders of Oakland, Macomb, Washtenaw, and Wayne counties, along with the city of Detroit, were on their way to supporting a ballot proposal this fall for a regional mass transit plan. That got derailed when the county executives in Oakland and Macomb distanced themselves from the plan.
News Headlines from NPR
- 'Shape Of Water' Creators Sued Over Plagiarism Claims As Oscars Approach
- Does A Larger Role For Midwives Mean Better Care?
- Widespread Flooding Brings Misery To Midwest
- Cave Art May Have Been Handiwork Of Neanderthals
- How A Russian Troll Factory Waged An Aggressive Campaign To Disrupt The U.S. Election