Judith Pruitt’s water bill is $7,545.29. That’s after the Flint retiree withdrew nearly $900 out of her savings account a few weeks ago to pay the city, or else her water would’ve been shut off, she said. New data analyzed by Michigan Radio show Pruitt is not alone.
News Headlines from NPR
- Google Says It Will No Longer Read Users' Emails To Sell Targeted Ads
- Routine DNA Sequencing May Be Helpful And Not As Scary As Feared
- GOP Senate Bill Would Cut Health Care Coverage By 22 Million
- Same-Sex Marriage Support At All-Time High, Even Among Groups That Opposed It
- Facial Recognition May Boost Airport Security But Raises Privacy Worries