Here’s a question some doctors and attorneys are getting: if you’re an immigrant – even a legal one – could you get deported for using food stamps? What about Medicaid? There's a lot of fear among immigrants right now that getting public assistance could make them a target.
News Headlines from NPR
- Protesters Leave Dakota Access Pipeline Area; Some Stay And Are Arrested
- What's New In Those DHS Memos On Immigration Enforcement?
- Floods in San Jose Push 14,000 People Out Of Their Homes
- In Israel, Some Wonder Where The Outrage Is Over U.S. Anti-Semitic Acts
- Key Moments In The Dakota Access Pipeline Fight