When I was a 20 year-old college student, I got a summer intern job at a GM foundry in Saginaw. I was a second shift supervisor. For the three months I was there I had various assignments and was responsible for anywhere between 8 and 16 workers. It was this type of job: Thankful for having the experience, thankful for never having it again.
News Headlines from NPR
- Female Congressional Candidate Ends Run After She Is Accused Of Sexual Harassment
- CHART: How The New Version Of The Republican Tax Bill Would Affect You
- Final Version Of GOP Tax Bill Cuts Corporate Tax Rate To 21 Percent
- Chief Justice Roberts Sends Kozinski Inquiry To Another Judicial Council
- Haitians Are Turning Plastic Waste Into Valuable Fabric