Michigan helped put Hillary Clinton over the top last night, officially making her the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee. “The next president of the United States, Hillary Clinton,” U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow said as she delivered Michigan’s official vote at the Democratic National Convention. Stabenow says she was overcome by emotion seeing her party choose the first woman to be a major party presidential nominee. Clinton delegate Sunny Sahu expects now the divisions within the...
News Headlines from NPR
- Car Bomb Kills At Least 44 In Kurdish-Held Area Of Syria
- In Alaska's Remote Towns, Climate Change Is Already Leaving Many Hungry
- Democratic Convention's Second Night Heralds A Return Of The Age Of Clinton
- At Democratic Convention, Obama To Rally For Clinton — And His Own Legacy
- As Biden Steps Into DNC Spotlight, A Lingering 'What If'