The Michigan Senate this evening passed a package of sexual assault legislation ( SB 871-878 ) designed to stop the type of abuse carried out by former MSU sports doctor Larry Nassar . The bills originally seemed to have a clear and quick path through the state Senate. But over the last few days, growing concerns by different groups, including universities and the Catholic church, prompted lawmakers to rethink some of the bills -- particularly legislation to lengthen the statute of...
News Headlines from NPR
- Women In Pakistan Dared To March — And Didn't Care What Men Thought
- Top Stories: Russia Vows Retaliation Over U.K. Expulsions; Slovakia Political Unrest
- Russia Promises Reprisals To U.K. As White House Calls Out Moscow Over Poison Attack
- Not In Kansas Anymore: United Airlines Mix-Up Sends German Shepherd To Japan
- VIDEO: We Went Foraging For Winter's Wild Edibles