Michigan helped put Hillary Clinton over the top last night, officially making her the Democratic Party’s presidential nominee. “The next president of the United States, Hillary Clinton,” U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow said as she delivered Michigan’s official vote at the Democratic National Convention. Stabenow says she was overcome by emotion seeing her party choose the first woman to be a major party presidential nominee. Clinton delegate Sunny Sahu expects now the divisions within the...
News Headlines from NPR
- For Olympic Boxer Claressa Shields, Round 2 Brings New Expectations
- QUIZ: How Much Do You Know About Presidents And Food?
- In Pakistan's Heartland, A 'Perfect Storm Of Obstacles' To Protecting Women
- Egypt And Turkey: Why A Coup Succeeded In One And Failed In The Other
- Bill Clinton Counters The Greatest Criticisms Of His Wife In DNC Speech