Senator Tim Kaine was in Detroit today. The running mate of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton spoke at the non-profit Focus: HOPE. Kaine’s speech was mostly focused on Clinton’s plans for the economy and working to end poverty. Part of Clinton and Kaine’s plan, he says, is to increase skilled and technical jobs. Kaine says it is especially important in places like Detroit. “As Detroit recovers and companies are coming back in, they’re going to need a skilled work force to fill...
News Headlines from NPR
- Small Savings For Drugs Made To Mimic Biotech Blockbusters
- Will The New Era Of Limited Federal Monitoring Still Protect Voter Rights?
- Interactive Redlining Map Zooms In On America's History Of Discrimination
- Storm-Weary Philippines Slammed By Powerful Super Typhoon
- Cease-Fire Is Set To Go Into Effect In Yemen