Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Carol’s passion for radio led her to a professional radio career that has spanned more than thirty years. Ten of those years were spent in Boston where she served as the National Regional Manager for the Westinghouse Radio News Stations such as 1010 WINS in New York, KYW-AM in Philadelphia, and WBZ-AM in Boston.
Her remaining “radio years” were and are still being enjoyed here in her home town, Detroit, where Carol has worked in sales and management capacities for radio organizations such as Greater Media, Interep, and CBS. Immediately prior to joining Michigan Radio in 2008, she worked for Radio One Detroit for ten years where she served as the Vice President/General Manager of their three radio stations.
Carol proudly serves Michigan Radio as she seeks and develops relationships with corporate sponsors to secure support and financial contributions in exchange for presence on the Michigan Radio air and digital domains. It is very rewarding, in her experience, to help these groups strengthen their corporate image by establishing an association with the public radio brand, prestige, excellence, and commitment to public service.
Carol resides in Farmington Hills with her husband, Steve. She has two grown children who live in Colorado and Marquette. Her other “fur” children, Spencer and Sophie, still live at home.