Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Linda Stephan has been reporting for the IPR News team for the past eight years. She holds a masters degree in journalism from Michigan State University and has won more than 20 awards for radio news coverage.
Linda grew up in Traverse City and considers this her “dream job.” She believes balanced storytelling can help us all to wrestle with the questions that affect our lives up north, our communities, schools, economy and environment.
Linda is an alumnus of Traverse City Central High School, Northwestern Michigan College and Interlochen Arts Camp (All State division). She speaks Swedish and loves reading or being in the woods and near the lakes. She is a great fan of the northern Michigan jazz scene and a state-licensed foster parent.