Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "Tea Party thinking" is causing serious damage and threatens to cause much more
- Metro Detroit slammed by historic rainfall, flooding
- Michigan's infrastructure crumbling as lawmakers work to take away your vote on wolves
- How a Potawatomi tribe lost its culture and what it takes to bring it back
- Giving kids a better education matters; our future is doomed if we don't
Linda Stephan has been reporting for the IPR News team for the past eight years. She holds a masters degree in journalism from Michigan State University and has won more than 20 awards for radio news coverage.
Linda grew up in Traverse City and considers this her “dream job.” She believes balanced storytelling can help us all to wrestle with the questions that affect our lives up north, our communities, schools, economy and environment.
Linda is an alumnus of Traverse City Central High School, Northwestern Michigan College and Interlochen Arts Camp (All State division). She speaks Swedish and loves reading or being in the woods and near the lakes. She is a great fan of the northern Michigan jazz scene and a state-licensed foster parent.