Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Proposal 1 asks Michigan voters to weigh in on a complex tax issue
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
Linda Stephan has been reporting for the IPR News team for the past eight years. She holds a masters degree in journalism from Michigan State University and has won more than 20 awards for radio news coverage.
Linda grew up in Traverse City and considers this her “dream job.” She believes balanced storytelling can help us all to wrestle with the questions that affect our lives up north, our communities, schools, economy and environment.
Linda is an alumnus of Traverse City Central High School, Northwestern Michigan College and Interlochen Arts Camp (All State division). She speaks Swedish and loves reading or being in the woods and near the lakes. She is a great fan of the northern Michigan jazz scene and a state-licensed foster parent.