Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- Why this 20 year old is getting a mastectomy, and why she's not alone
- If its name is any indication, this winter storm headed for Michigan could be really fierce
Chicago reporter Niala Boodhoo has been a business reporter for 10 years, working at the Associated Press, Reuters, and most recently, The Miami Herald, where she reported on the local economy, labor and employment.
Boodhoo was the newspaper’s first print journalist to have a weekly radio report. It aired for three years with the Miami Herald’s news partner, WLRN, the South Florida public radio station. She was also created the first weekly business video show on MiamiHerald.com.
Born and raised in Miami, Boodhoo has a Master of Science in Journalism from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and a Masters of Arts in Latin American/Caribbean Studies from Florida International University. She is also a graduate of Calvin College, where she studied philosophy and psychology.