Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Pete Bigelow worked as a Changing Gears online journalist in from May 2011 through December 2011. He reported on issues surrounding the reinvention of the industrial Midwest and also headed up the project’s reader-engagement efforts on Facebook and Twitter.
Before coming to Michigan Radio, Pete worked for four years at The Ann Arbor News and AnnArbor.com, serving as the newspaper’s sports editor and then the Michigan football beat reporter for the website. From a feature on Denard Robinson’s hometown to a story on the precarious financial position of the Eastern Michigan University athletic department, Pete likes to find stories that resonate beyond the box scores. Prior to working in Michigan, he covered the Denver Broncos and the NFL for The Daily Times-Call in suburban Denver.
Pete is a New Jersey native who now lives in Dexter, Mich., with his wife and daughters.