Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Pete Bigelow worked as a Changing Gears online journalist in from May 2011 through December 2011. He reported on issues surrounding the reinvention of the industrial Midwest and also headed up the project’s reader-engagement efforts on Facebook and Twitter.
Before coming to Michigan Radio, Pete worked for four years at The Ann Arbor News and AnnArbor.com, serving as the newspaper’s sports editor and then the Michigan football beat reporter for the website. From a feature on Denard Robinson’s hometown to a story on the precarious financial position of the Eastern Michigan University athletic department, Pete likes to find stories that resonate beyond the box scores. Prior to working in Michigan, he covered the Denver Broncos and the NFL for The Daily Times-Call in suburban Denver.
Pete is a New Jersey native who now lives in Dexter, Mich., with his wife and daughters.