Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Fri November 11, 2011
"1-1-1-1" unlucky for some Michiganders today
"1-1-1-1" was not a lucky number for many would-be Michigan lottery players today.
So many people decided to play today’s date, "11/11," in today’s Daily Four game, that Michigan Lottery officials were forced to stop letting people purchase tickets with that combination.
The Daily Four lottery has a maximum daily payout of $40 million. At a certain point today, lottery computers showed if the combination won that the maximum payout would be reached.
So the system automatically blocked any more tickets from being bought with that combination.
That didn’t stop other players from picking "1-1-1" for today’s Daily 3.