- In the House: Republicans will hold a 242-193 advantage.
- In the Senate: Democrats will hold a 53-47 majority. (Two senators are independent but caucus with the Democrats).
- There are 96 new members of the House (87 Republicans, nine Democrats).
- The House will include 43 Tea Party-backed members.
- The Senate will have five Tea Party-backed members.
- In total, in the Senate, there will be 16 new members (13 Republicans, three Democrats).
The 112th Congress in numbers
By Zoe Clark • Jan 5, 2011