Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Revisiting the origin of the "Michigan Left"
- Does the UAW's victory in Indiana signal the end of the two-tier wage system?
- Here are 10 West Michigan trails to explore this fall
- Governor Snyder is fighting a losing game in Aramark scandal
- New polls suggest we may have the closest governor’s race in 30 years
Tue November 13, 2012
$16.8 million expansion unveiled at Flint's Bishop Airport
Flint’s Bishop Airport unveiled a $16.8 million expansion at a public dedication ceremony Tuesday morning.
From the Flint Journal:
The construction project included a larger Transportation Security Administration area, which was opened in October.
It also added 47,000 square-feet of terminal space, four gates and doubled the width of the corridor linking two sections of the airport.
About $7 million for the project came from FAA grants and the airport used about $9 million of its reserve funds to pay for the rest.
The expansion is expected to double the airport’s capacity to accommodate 2 million passengers.
- Jordan Wyant, Michigan Radio Newsroom