Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Tue November 13, 2012
$16.8 million expansion unveiled at Flint's Bishop Airport
Flint’s Bishop Airport unveiled a $16.8 million expansion at a public dedication ceremony Tuesday morning.
From the Flint Journal:
The construction project included a larger Transportation Security Administration area, which was opened in October.
It also added 47,000 square-feet of terminal space, four gates and doubled the width of the corridor linking two sections of the airport.
About $7 million for the project came from FAA grants and the airport used about $9 million of its reserve funds to pay for the rest.
The expansion is expected to double the airport’s capacity to accommodate 2 million passengers.
- Jordan Wyant, Michigan Radio Newsroom