Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Signed a petition to oppose Asian carp? You actually signed a petition to allow wolf hunting
Tue November 13, 2012
$16.8 million expansion unveiled at Flint's Bishop Airport
Flint’s Bishop Airport unveiled a $16.8 million expansion at a public dedication ceremony Tuesday morning.
From the Flint Journal:
The construction project included a larger Transportation Security Administration area, which was opened in October.
It also added 47,000 square-feet of terminal space, four gates and doubled the width of the corridor linking two sections of the airport.
About $7 million for the project came from FAA grants and the airport used about $9 million of its reserve funds to pay for the rest.
The expansion is expected to double the airport’s capacity to accommodate 2 million passengers.
- Jordan Wyant, Michigan Radio Newsroom