Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- These three female candidates could be some of the most interesting leaders in Michigan
- Re-thinking creativity's role in education
Tue November 13, 2012
$16.8 million expansion unveiled at Flint's Bishop Airport
Flint’s Bishop Airport unveiled a $16.8 million expansion at a public dedication ceremony Tuesday morning.
From the Flint Journal:
The construction project included a larger Transportation Security Administration area, which was opened in October.
It also added 47,000 square-feet of terminal space, four gates and doubled the width of the corridor linking two sections of the airport.
About $7 million for the project came from FAA grants and the airport used about $9 million of its reserve funds to pay for the rest.
The expansion is expected to double the airport’s capacity to accommodate 2 million passengers.
- Jordan Wyant, Michigan Radio Newsroom