Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Scientists are looking for "survivor trees" in Michigan, and they want your help
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
Tue November 13, 2012
$16.8 million expansion unveiled at Flint's Bishop Airport
Flint’s Bishop Airport unveiled a $16.8 million expansion at a public dedication ceremony Tuesday morning.
From the Flint Journal:
The construction project included a larger Transportation Security Administration area, which was opened in October.
It also added 47,000 square-feet of terminal space, four gates and doubled the width of the corridor linking two sections of the airport.
About $7 million for the project came from FAA grants and the airport used about $9 million of its reserve funds to pay for the rest.
The expansion is expected to double the airport’s capacity to accommodate 2 million passengers.
- Jordan Wyant, Michigan Radio Newsroom