Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Power shift at Kendall College causing a stir
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
- This is what it sounds like when a neighborhood church closes
Thu September 8, 2011
17th Annual Flint Festival of Quilts
Greg Fiedler is with the Greater Flint Arts Council. He says some of the themes include a contemporary collection, multimedia quilts and Amish quilt making.
It’s important for Flint, because we have many famous quilters that came out of Flint, folks like Marty Lawrence whose famous for her original fabric design and dyes. We have Gwen Marston who lectures all over the world at quilting conventions.
Fiedler says there are over a thousand quilts on display. The exhibit will continue through November 3rd.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom