Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Thu September 8, 2011
17th Annual Flint Festival of Quilts
Greg Fiedler is with the Greater Flint Arts Council. He says some of the themes include a contemporary collection, multimedia quilts and Amish quilt making.
It’s important for Flint, because we have many famous quilters that came out of Flint, folks like Marty Lawrence whose famous for her original fabric design and dyes. We have Gwen Marston who lectures all over the world at quilting conventions.
Fiedler says there are over a thousand quilts on display. The exhibit will continue through November 3rd.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom