Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Thu September 8, 2011
17th Annual Flint Festival of Quilts
Greg Fiedler is with the Greater Flint Arts Council. He says some of the themes include a contemporary collection, multimedia quilts and Amish quilt making.
It’s important for Flint, because we have many famous quilters that came out of Flint, folks like Marty Lawrence whose famous for her original fabric design and dyes. We have Gwen Marston who lectures all over the world at quilting conventions.
Fiedler says there are over a thousand quilts on display. The exhibit will continue through November 3rd.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom