Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Former Detroit broadcaster was inspiration for 'Ron Burgundy'
- Do you live in a 'Super ZIP?' Here are Michigan's top 5 wealthiest ZIP codes
- Muskegon is home to America's tallest, singing Christmas tree
- Pressure builds on Michigan Football as Athletic Department's budget grows
- This is what it sounds like inside Michigan's largest wind farm
Thu September 8, 2011
17th Annual Flint Festival of Quilts
Greg Fiedler is with the Greater Flint Arts Council. He says some of the themes include a contemporary collection, multimedia quilts and Amish quilt making.
It’s important for Flint, because we have many famous quilters that came out of Flint, folks like Marty Lawrence whose famous for her original fabric design and dyes. We have Gwen Marston who lectures all over the world at quilting conventions.
Fiedler says there are over a thousand quilts on display. The exhibit will continue through November 3rd.
-Traci Currie - Michigan Radio Newsroom