Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Don't like the water shut-offs in Detroit? Now you can pay someone's overdue water bill
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- Approaching construction on the highway? Experts say the "zipper merge" can help
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
Tue April 5, 2011
400 to attend Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference in Detroit
Hundreds of artists will be in Detroit this week for the third annual Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference.
The goal is to get artists, educators and creative entrepreneurs together to brainstorm how they can help revitalize post-industrial cities like Detroit, Flint, and Cleveland.
"It’s exciting to learn what other people have been doing from around the country, and how we can adapt those ideas here and make our projects more successful."
The conference will be held April 6 - 7, 2011. This is the third Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference. The first two were held in Cleveland.