Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
Tue April 5, 2011
400 to attend Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference in Detroit
Hundreds of artists will be in Detroit this week for the third annual Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference.
The goal is to get artists, educators and creative entrepreneurs together to brainstorm how they can help revitalize post-industrial cities like Detroit, Flint, and Cleveland.
"It’s exciting to learn what other people have been doing from around the country, and how we can adapt those ideas here and make our projects more successful."
The conference will be held April 6 - 7, 2011. This is the third Rust Belt to Artist Belt conference. The first two were held in Cleveland.