5 things to know about your new state Supreme Court justice
Judge Zahra will be taking over the place of state Supreme Court Justice Maura Corrigan. Corrigan will leave the court on Friday to begin a new job as the head of the state Department of Human Services. Governor Snyder named her the Director of DHS last week.
So, just who is Judge Brian Zahra? Here are 5 things we know:
- He has a Bachelor of General Studies degree from Wayne State University. He also has a J.D. from the University of Detroit School of Law.
- He has served on the Michigan Court of Appeals since 1999.
- In 2006 he received Jurist of the Year from the Police Officers’ Association of Michigan.
- He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan.
- He is married and has two children.