Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "Tea Party thinking" is causing serious damage and threatens to cause much more
- Metro Detroit slammed by historic rainfall, flooding
- Michigan's infrastructure crumbling as lawmakers work to take away your vote on wolves
- How a Potawatomi tribe lost its culture and what it takes to bring it back
- Giving kids a better education matters; our future is doomed if we don't
Mon August 26, 2013
60,000 jobs in Michigan? Here's where to look
A state agency says there are more than 60,000 jobs available in Michigan, and it wants to help connect employees and employers.
The positions range from retail, manufacturing and service jobs to nursing, engineering and human resources.
Michigan Economic Development Corporation spokesman Joe Quick says the Pure Michigan Talent Connect website will host a virtual career fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
"The virtual career fair is a live, 3-D virtual event platform that allows job seekers from anywhere in the world to connect to growing Michigan employers that are hiring right now, and they can do that from their home or office computer," Quick says.
He says there's a great need for computer and information systems managers, software engineers and Web developers.
The career fair is free, but participants must register at www.mitalent.org/virtualcareerfair.