Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 8 Mile Road is eight miles from where?
- Sure, there were pirates in the Caribbean, but the Great Lakes had them too
- Some in Ann Arbor have "cultural" concerns about annexing Whitmore Lake
- Has public education funding gone up or down under Gov. Snyder's watch?
- Analyzing Sunday's debate between Governor Rick Snyder and Democratic challenger, Mark Schauer
Mon August 26, 2013
60,000 jobs in Michigan? Here's where to look
A state agency says there are more than 60,000 jobs available in Michigan, and it wants to help connect employees and employers.
The positions range from retail, manufacturing and service jobs to nursing, engineering and human resources.
Michigan Economic Development Corporation spokesman Joe Quick says the Pure Michigan Talent Connect website will host a virtual career fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 28.
"The virtual career fair is a live, 3-D virtual event platform that allows job seekers from anywhere in the world to connect to growing Michigan employers that are hiring right now, and they can do that from their home or office computer," Quick says.
He says there's a great need for computer and information systems managers, software engineers and Web developers.
The career fair is free, but participants must register at www.mitalent.org/virtualcareerfair.