Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Here are our 10 favorite photos of what your winter looks like
- Michigan's Attorney General is risking his political future over the gay marriage case
- Join Michigan Radio for Issues & Ale: Closing the digital divide in education
Thu January 13, 2011
The 96th Legislature in headlines
Michigan lawmakers began the state's 96th legislative session yesterday in Lansing. We take a quick look at what the headlines across the state have to say about the Legislature's first day:
- The new Legislature is now in session - The Detroit Free Press
- Republicans take over Lansing - The Detroit News
- Optimism grips Michigan Legislature on first day - Lansing State Journal
- Budget, economy top themes as the 96th Michigan Legislature meet - The Associated Press
During their first day in session, lawmakers took the oath of office and elected legislative leaders.