Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- This ballot proposal is critical to Michigan's economy, but most people won't bother to vote on it
- What explains Michigan's large Arab American community?
- Some think their immigrant ancestors were the last that should be allowed in the U.S.
- Michigan Republican Party's tactics remind me of Watergate, because both were unnecessary
- Michigan's campaign for governor gets weird as Republicans deploy spyglasses
Tue November 2, 2010
9th District: Down to the wire
I'm covering both candidates vying for the 9th Congressional district tonight. Democrat Gary Peters is trying to hold off Republican challenger Rocky Raczkowski.
I expected a more subdued crowd at Peters' Troy headquarters. But it was still a jolt to go from the bouyant energy at Rocky headquarters, to a downright...shellshocked crowd here.
But even as Republicans are running roughshod over Democrats state and nationwide, this race is still way too close to call.
Peters campaign managers Dan Farough just made an appearance and urged supporters to stick around. He says they remain "optimistic" about Peters' chances, and the Congressman will drop in around 11.
But this race won't be over by then.