Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- No, Chinese investors aren't 'buying up Detroit' – but they do have an eye on the Motor City
- If Arizona's bill to discriminate surprises you, you won't believe what's legal in Michigan
- The average Michigan family needs $52,330 a year to 'make ends meet'
- Watch a time-lapse video of the ice forming on the Great Lakes
- What all the snow and ice will mean for Great Lakes water levels
Tue November 2, 2010
9th District: Down to the wire
I'm covering both candidates vying for the 9th Congressional district tonight. Democrat Gary Peters is trying to hold off Republican challenger Rocky Raczkowski.
I expected a more subdued crowd at Peters' Troy headquarters. But it was still a jolt to go from the bouyant energy at Rocky headquarters, to a downright...shellshocked crowd here.
But even as Republicans are running roughshod over Democrats state and nationwide, this race is still way too close to call.
Peters campaign managers Dan Farough just made an appearance and urged supporters to stick around. He says they remain "optimistic" about Peters' chances, and the Congressman will drop in around 11.
But this race won't be over by then.