Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- An MSU physicist believes he has solved the "black hole information paradox"
- What you can do to help Michigan's bats
- "A sad day" for Michigan bats: White-nose syndrome found in 3 counties
- This is doing more damage to Detroit than a hundred drug murders could have
- Biologists expect the worst for Michigan's bat population
Arts & Culture
Tue August 28, 2012
Activist Tom Hayden to commemorate the Port Huron Statement tonight
Activist Tom Hayden will be in Port Huron tonight to commemorate the Port Huron Statement.
A group of university students wrote the statement fifty years ago at a UAW retreat center north of Port Huron.
Hayden was one of the main participants, who was in his early twenties at the time.
The 25,000 word document addressed racism, poverty, the Cold War, and the nuclear arms race.
It was one of the first times there'd been a formal call-to-action for students to be part of a movement pushing for social change.
Politics & Government