Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- There's a tick boom in Michigan - Here are 5 things you should know
- Students aren’t leaving Michigan football - Michigan football is leaving them
- The 6 most dangerous neighborhoods in Michigan
- The 15 Michigan schools running the biggest deficits
- You need to see these photos of the pet coke piles in Detroit
Mon April 11, 2011
Affordable housing conference opens in Lansing
More than 15 hundred people will meet in Lansing this week to discuss Michigan’s affordable housing needs.
Jess Sobol is the director of operations in the Community Development division within the Michigan Housing Development Authority. He says this week’s conference will give people from the non-profit and for-profit worlds a chance to meet and discuss ways of reclaiming ‘sustainable’ communities.
“We’re in a situation where there is more housing units than there are people. Which is one of the reasons so many of them are in bad shape….because we have lost so much population.”
This is the 13th year for the conference that has grown into one of the largest of its kind in the nation.